Saturday, January 4, 2014

Dominican Dreams (Installment #2)

Delicate snowflakes drift down from an overcast ceiling above. I'm in my basement lair, curled up under a few blankets, a mug of the chocolate coffee I got for Christmas steaming on my bedside windowsill as I type here, avoiding a few things on my list by doing something that's been on it for an eon: Update blog.

My fingers are cold. No wonder I'm dreaming once again of the DR.

Some dreams take a while to awaken to reality (that is, if dreams themselves can awaken). Some dreams have to be attached to a call. And dreams in general are like little streams of effervescence inside--they bubble up and up until they have to spill over.

I just got back to Colorado from Michigan yesterday, apparently my last flight back from that place until I move to the DR. Because now there's no doubt: after almost eight months of unrelenting mind-mulling and a lot of prayer, in May I finally asked Tim and Trena if I could come back to work with them full time as a communications coordinator. They said yes. And that was the first green light that I could start jumping through the subsequent hoops.

Various conversations, job changes, and the beginnings of support raising have led me here: realizing how terrifying it can be to live by faith, but that God is ultimately the one in control as I see an almost-clear path to getting to the Dominican Republic and this new job by ... APRIL, 2014.

Which is the date I wrote in my "dream journal" only two months after getting back from the Dominican the first time. It's sorta crazy, kinda beautiful, and totally God.

But anyway... the time is getting short. It's time to start the countdown-- two months til I leave my incredible Colorado... three months til I leave the States. It's coming!

For the time is coming and has now come when worshippers will worship in spirit and in truth... and I will be there, pressing in and pressing on in the Dominican Republic, helping people see the Spirit in action and worship Him in truth and in reality. This is so exciting, I can't even begin to express it. Please pray for me!


0 comments: