Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Critters and Creation: DR Edition

As one might expect, the scenery in a tropical country is a bit different.
I mean, you get views like this, with flowers like these! (Yep, basically, this post is an excuse to share some photos.)









Now as we move on to the animals, I warn you that some of these critters are a little ferocious looking. Don't worry: the pictures are all harmless. :)
One of our four vicious watchdogs.
A few of Trena's many beautifully plumed birds.
Not to be confused with a dustbunny, this is Puppywillow, the oldest dog at Casa Grande.
 A local lizard... his neck puffed out when he was scared of me, but I didn't get it on film. Terrifying.


On the left here we have a leeetle baby lizard in the hands of my friend Sammi, and... on the right is sadly what happens when said lizards decide to go swimming in the dishwater overnight.
















And here we have our good friend the tarantula. I'm relieved that I haven't actually seen one at La Casa Grande yet, though I know they exist! This one was in the captivity of the Walker family, who have... rather decorative plans for him. Since tarantulas are jumping spiders, taking this photo was rather thrilling while they had their bucket uncovered.

And finally, this rare bird is known as a Tim Johnson. :) Recognizable by his bright, patriotic plumage and love for a good joke. His call resembles a hearty chuckle.

2 comments:

cari said...

731beautiful pictures! you are making me itch to travel.
you are not forgotten! :)

familyman said...

Great Pictures Peanut!!!!!