Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving for the little things...

Not gonna lie... a few weeks ago I had **one of those days**. I was out of sorts, homesick, a little depressed, a little lonely... and of all things, I was missing fall. It was October and cooler temperatures just lack here in the tropics, for some reason. As do deciduous trees and their glorious colors. For some reason you have to have cold in order to have colors.

Bummer.

I had just finished a rather grumpy afternoon (that may have involved a binge-watching session of Criminal Minds because I just wasn't mentally equipped for anything more missionary-like than that) when our second Chapel Project team arrived. And one of the ladies brought a little care package from some folks in Virginia, thereby making me feel loved and special-- a fall candle and pictures of trees and some laminated leaves!

So... I brought "fall" into my little tropical bedroom.















Another lady in that group brought me a package from my bestest Colorado roommates, who sent me "Thanksgiving in a Box"-- turkey jerky, pumpkin cookies, green bean chips, craisins, apple spice tea, and fall M&Ms, along with an apron to wear as I "prepared my feast."













God has done this repeatedly for me during the time I've been here. On days when I feel my lowest, he often causes someone unexpected to let me know they're praying for me, or he sends me a little gift from someone or a note that lets me feel remembered. Doesn't seem like a big deal, probably, to anybody else... but it is one, to me. Sometimes it's the little things that count!

So today... that's something I'm grateful for!

0 comments: